Vice President, Human Resources & Operations
Do you have a passion for the entertainment industry and a proven track record in Human Resources and Operations? Are you looking or a role that allows you to demonstrate both your strategic acumen as well as roll-up your sleeves and be involved hands-on?
We are seeking our next VP of Human Resources & Operations. This executive will continue to champion our dynamic culture, grow our team, and drive our success. This role is hybrid (Tuesdays and Wednesdays on-site), and the office located in West Los Angeles.
Reports to: CEO, with a dotted line to the CFO
Exemption Status: Exempt
Salary: $140,000-$165,000 plus an annual bonus
Paid Time Off: Holidays, Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Personal Days
Compensation: Full benefits package including 401(K), medical, dental, vision, and more.
- Manage a team of two including an HR Manager and an Operations Manager, ensuring they receive guidance and direction on day-to-day responsibilities and development towards their long-term growth.
- Collaborate with the executive team on achieving our strategic goals for growth.
- Partner with the senior executive team to positively influence company culture, oversee Core Values committee to develop, manage and implement culturally aligned programs.
- Problem-solve all employee relations issues, at all organizational levels, in line with our culture.
- Steer, innovate, manage, and enhance our performance management process and systems.
- Manage the process for company compensation and total rewards, including the annual merit process, industry salary surveys, job descriptions, salary ranges and pay equity.
- Oversee payroll & benefits, including payroll processing and managing open enrollments.
- Manage the recruitment and selection of open positions, collaborate with hiring managers, vet candidates, extend employment offers, conduct orientation and onboarding via Shout 101 program.
- Manage the company’s employer brand and the company intern program.
- Oversee broad company training, development and wellness including amongst others, individual skill development, leadership development, DEIB, lunch & learn talks and wellness programs.
- Guide company health and safety, including execution of leading, up to date standards and protocols for Covid compliance, amongst others.
- Office Operations: Collaborate with the CEO on issues including office space, construction, and major repairs/maintenance; negotiate with vendors for equipment leases, purchases, and maintenance agreements; and guide the Operations Manager to trouble-shoot and problem solve office issues as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 12 years + experience in Human Resources in a progressive environment; with 5+ years in a senior level position, managing others.
- Current SHRM or HRCI credential.
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resources and up-to-date expertise in compliance, wage and hour and changing employment laws.
- Ability to demonstrate a highly professional demeanor and role model our culture.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees.
- Flexibility to move from one area of expertise to the next seamlessly.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Experience managing an organization of at least 75 employees.
- Experience in Payroll processing is preferred.
What you can expect from us:
- Highly collaborative environment
- Exceptional benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K and a fabulous wellness program
- Generous paid time off
- Career development, growth and autonomy to make the role your own
- The opportunity to work with an exceptional team of people and most importantly the room to be yourself!
Join our exciting, growing team by emailing resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t meet every requirement listed? Studies show that some people are less likely to apply for jobs when they don’t meet every requirement. We are committed to building a community of high performing individuals, so if you think you could excel in this role, even without all the listed qualifications, please apply!